Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The journey home


I know my humom and friends are anxious to hear an update in the ongoing investigation. So far no word. People have been kind enough to write to the sheriff, lead investigator and county chairman on my behalf. I will relay whatever news comes my way.


I will be leaving my foster home and going to my new family on April 5th. It will truly feel like spring for me, a new chance, a new beginning with humans and furkins to call my own.

I have a vet appointment on Monday and I know my new humom and vet will make the best plans for my recovery.
The treatment is not going to be the quick kill kind. Is is much safer and for me it is the best cause I have been through so much. I will get a lot of blood work, x rays, then my humom and Dr. will talk. When my treatment begins I will have to stay in the hospital for 2 day. Then when I have the next round I will again be in the hospital. My humom could get the quick kill treatment done for about 300.00. She wants to go the safer route so I will get close care. She says I need this cause I have been in such bad condition. She was quoted the cost would be between 670.00 and 750.00. She will be getting a 10% discount off that cause I am a rescued dog. The clinic is Winder Corners Animal Clinic in Winder, Georgia. Although most of us pups dislike going to the vet I know I am very lucky to have this life saving opportunity.
When I was taken into the shelter, I was pregnant. Due to my poor health I gave birth to three still born pups. Fate could not change this event but hopefully it will be the end of my loss and sadness. A friend wrote a tribute for me and my lost babes and I find comfort in knowing one day I will be reunited with them.


"Rainbow Bridge's Special Delivery" by Lena Malik

What must have crossed your mind sweet Hannah, fighting to live yet trying to nourish your unborn. To give finally give birth and yet not hear whimpers or see movement for you patience and pain. Let me try to explain dear friend, Hannah the brave.

We all know of the Rainbow Bridge we will cross in our given time. We know beyond it is filled with dogs of all breeds, backgrounds and dispositions. There are dogs of all ages there that miraculously are bestowed the health they had as young, strong pups ready for anything and the endless possibilities of adventures and experiences.
But there is an occasion, few below the clouds know about because it is rarely shared. It is such a special occasion that it heralds all the pups to the gate. Making the trek from vast fields takes hours, perhaps even days but all hear the twinkling bells of the highest chorus that a special entry awaits. At the front of the line gather mother pups and matriarchs. Their balance of patience and nurture allows them to lead the welcome of all dogs waiting at the gates.
On the other side, behold, a basket. Tucked into the blanket are three tiny pups. Huddled together for safety and warmth with eyes still shut and warm puppy breaths. The gates open and the dogs move forward, silently and stoically for they know the gift presented here. These are the purest of souls, shaped on earth with a glimmer of time they were whisked away up towards the heavens. Because everyone knows who has ever befriended a dog that they seek to be a part of a family...what is family without the young and old. And all who have taken the time to know a dog recognizes how all guards are lowered when pups are involved. Over the Rainbow Bridge cannot be whole without the presence of newborn pups. For those who have lost their own at first breath, for those awaiting their children below, for those who battle trusting other grown dogs and those who wished to nurture, teach and guide. Their heaven would not be complete without such special gifts as pups who's journey was destined straight through the Rainbow Bridge. Don't worry Hannah, your babes will recognize you when they greet you at your time. And they will have the love and guidance of the dogs who have crossed and await with them for the most special homecoming and family reunion. So although we grieve such newfound loss on earth, high above a special gift awaits and will be treasured.

2 comments:

HuskyGsdMom said...

Wow...I leave this comment with tears rolling down my face. What a beautiful poem. We are so happy Hannah has a new forever home and will finally know what true love is.

She is in our thoughts, prayers and heart. We pray she will become healthy and happy again. We can't wait to see new pictures on Dogster.

We love you Hannah!

Beth, Montana & Bailey

McClure said...

I hope your arrival at your forever home today was a smooth transition and look forward to hearing about your recovery. You are in our thoughts and prayers sweet girl!